Thanks to Jill over at Rant and Rave About Books for the tag, which came forever ago but I’m just now getting to. Go check her blog out! She also co-hosts a group I’ve just joined on Goodreads called Hype or Like Friday in which each month we read a hyped book and do various posts on Fridays. I missed last Friday’s post because, well, life, but hope to get a post up this Friday! This month’s book is The Winner’s Curse, which I just started last night and I’m enjoying it so far (yay!).
- Thank the blogger who nominated you
- Answer the questions they set for you
- Set some new questions and nominate five more bloggers
- If you could be friends with any character from a book, movie, or TV show, who would it be? Right now it would be Lou from Me Before You. I think she’d be fun to hang out with and she’d definitely be fun to shop with. I have a feeling she’s that person that can always manage to find something adorable even in the worst stores! And she’s so positive and sweet. Read my review of Me Before You here, and the sequel After You here.
- Have you read any books in the past year that have a large following? If so, do you now have a better understanding of why they’re so popular? I’ve totally joined the hype train on this one: Six of Crows. I read this earlier this year and I loved it! The characters were so memorable and were so much fun. I just really loved Kaz and also Jesper. Looking forward to the end of September when the sequel, Crooked Kingdom, is released. Read my review of Six of Crows here.
- Which fandom do you love to hate? Probably have to say Twilight here. But I fully admit to being on the Twilight bandwagon back when the books were new. I remember reading those books so quickly, but they were oh-so-bad! But still compulsively readable.
- Are there any books or series you wish for a different ending? This one is really tricky!! I think I have to say Kate Morton’s The Lake House for this one. While I really loved the book, it was tied up a bit too nicely at the end, and I would’ve preferred something a bit different. Definitely don’t let this discourage you from reading the book, as Kate Morton is one of my favorite authors, and the book is really quite excellent, it just bordered on a tad predictable towards the end. You can read my review of The Lake House here.
- If you could live any place from a book, movie, or TV show, where would it be? (You can choose anywhere from the Wizarding World in Harry Potter to somewhere as well-known as the setting of Gossip Girl in Manhattan. There are no rules.) Since I can choose anywhere, I’m not going to select a real-life location like Avonlea, because that could actually happen one day (unlikely, but it still could happen!!). And since I can choose anywhere at all, regardless of reality, I must choose Hogsmeade from Harry Potter. I love the thought of Hogwarts looming in the background, and the magic that surrounds! I love the little teashop, the Three Broomsticks, the joke shop, everything about it. The Shrieking Shack in the distance, the fun people hanging around, the proximity to Hogwarts, I just love it. Hard time choosing between Hogsmeade, the Burrow, and Godric’s Hollow, but Hogsmeade wins because it is close to Hogwarts. I wouldn’t want to live in Hogwarts because lets face it, to live with that many screaming, magical students would be a nightmare. At least in Hogsmeade you get a bit of a break!
And those are my answers! And I’m lousy with tagging people, so no tags here for me! Thanks again Jill for the tag!