Thanks to Caitlyn @ Rhodes of Reading for nominating me!! Go check out her blog – it’s great!
Hopefully I am doing this correctly, it’s my first time doing something like this 🙂
- Thank and follow the blog that nominated you
- Tell us 11 facts about yourself
- Answer the questions that were set for you to answer
- Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them
11 Facts About Me:
- American football is my favorite sport, and the Green Bay Packers are my favorite team. Go Pack Go!! (and another season ends with a devastating loss…next year we shall return!)
- I play in a handbell choir at my church. It is a lot of fun!
- I love to travel and want to see the world. The two places at the top of my wish list are Russia and England.
- I’m a huge Star Wars fan. I have a cardboard cutout of Han Solo, and yes, it reappeared in my living room after seeing Star Wars: The Force Awakens.
- I don’t like parties. Let me stay home with a good book please!
- I have a memory garden. Whenever someone I love passes, I plant something in my yard in his or her memory. The plants are all over my yard (not just in one specific area). My newest addition this season will be a pink rose in honor of my grandmother who died in early November.
- I fell ice-skating one year after Thanksgiving and fractured both of my radial heads (elbows). I thank God every day for the use of my arms. I haven’t been back on the ice since!
- I would love to do furniture restoration in my spare time. I’ve got an old library card catalog that I’m anxious to restore; I just need to find the time!
- Ducks and cats are my favorite animals. I have one cat, named Freddie. She’s got a great personality!
- I cannot stand bananas. I don’t like anything about them – the smell, the way they look, the empty peel, and most of all I do not like the sounds people make when they eat bananas.
- Green is my favorite color.
Questions from Caitlyn:
- If you had to choose, would you rather be a contestant on The Amazing Race or The Great British Bake-Off? (Or The Great British Baking Show…depending on where you’re from!) Well, even though I love to bake, I’ve never seen The Great British Bake-Off, so I’d have to go with The Amazing Race. I’d race with my husband and we would either get along perfectly and be that annoying couple who is just so happy, or fight the entire time and embarrass ourselves. And we always yell at the people who don’t read the clues, but somehow I think if we were on the show we’d fall victim to that too.
- If you were on a deserted island and only had one book with you, what book would it be? I’m going to choose a series, because one book is not enough! And that series is George R.R. Martin’s A Song of Ice and Fire; because there is everything in that book to satisfy anything I would want to read. Fantasy, romance, battles, political intrigue, family drama, and it is long enough that I wouldn’t get bored.
- Cake or pie? Yellow cake with chocolate frosting all the way! I don’t really like pies.
- How many different cities have you lived in? One. I’ve lived in beautiful Santa Rosa, CA (in gorgeous Wine Country) my whole life.
- Hot chocolate or apple cider? Apple cider because it reminds me of family holidays.
- What super power would you want to have? I’d like to apparate (be able to instantly appear in one place). I hate to drive so this would be very handy!
- Who’s the last person you texted? My mom.
- Do you buy DVDs or watch movies online? Both, but I love to re-watch movies so I do prefer to buy DVDs.
- Which 3 people, dead or alive, would you want to invite over for coffee? Harrison Ford because I love him, Anne Boleyn because I want to hear her story, and Cleopatra because she is absolutely fascinating.
- What’s your favorite accent to hear people speaking with? (British, American, Spanish, etc.) Any accent! I love them all.
- Would you rather have a pet dragon or be a centaur? Pet dragon! I’d specifically love a harekki, a dragon mentioned in Ursula K. Le Guin’s A Wizard of Earthsea. They are small and friendly.
Nominate 11 bloggers and set questions for them: I’m not going to nominate anyone for this, but if you like, please nominate yourself and let me know if you’d like me to assign you questions to answer.
And thanks again to Caitlyn !